A Significant Step in Managing Cardiogenic Shock Dr. Hiram Bezerra discusses the first heart recovery center in his region, which will advance efforts to manage cardiogenic shock. Dr. Bezerra is the director of advanced coronary intervention and mechanical circulatory support at University Hospital Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute in Cleveland, Ohio. Dr. Bezerra explains that … Continue reading “Establishing A Heart Recovery Center”
Dr. Muhammad Chaudhry of Aultman Hospital, Ohio, presents an emergent high-risk PCI case involving a 95% left main blockage along with a 80-90% blockage in the RCA and 100% distal RCA occlusion. The patient began experiencing severe chest pain and was evaluated for surgery. Shortly after, the patient went into asystole and CPR was initiated. … Continue reading “High-Risk PCI with Impella 2.5”
Dr. Behnam Tehrani of Inova Heart and Vascular Institute explains an After Action Review (AAR) program to evaluate the shock program at his hospital. Watch the video to learn how to initiate an AAR program. Subscribe, tweet this or join the conversation by following us on Twitter: @ProtectedPCI. NPS-097-17
Dr. Raja Hatem has created more than 100 PowerPoint presentations. He explains how to make an impactful PowerPoint for presenting case reviews. IM2-052-17
- Dr. Alexander Truesdell of the INOVA Heart and Vascular Institute discusses how physicians can apply the same shock management principles found on the battlefront into everyday surgical practice.
- Early recognition of shock and early revascularization are two essential elements of successful treatment for shock on the battlefield as well as in conventional care centers.
Dr. Thorsten Siess, Abiomed’s CTO and Inventor of Impella® Shares his Insights on the Impella® Platform of Devices
Dr. Thorsten Siess, Abiomed’s Chief Technology Officer and inventor of Impella® discusses how the world’s smallest heart pump transformed from a product to a platform. Listen in to learn how the Abiomed team is developing new features to satisfy the clinician community’s needs. What new features are being developed by Dr. Siess now? Press play … Continue reading “Dr. Thorsten Siess, Abiomed’s CTO and Inventor of Impella® Shares his Insights on the Impella® Platform of Devices”
The Association Between Obesity and In-Hospital Mortality in Patients with Cardiogenic Shock Complicating Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Obesity is paradoxically associated with favorable mortality outcomes in acute myocardial infarction (AMI).
- Association between obesity and in-hospital mortality among patients with cardiogenic shock (CS) complicating AMI (N=290,894) was retrospectively studied.
- Obese patients had lower in-hospital mortality compared with nonobese patients (28.2% vs 36.5%, respectively), but key baseline differences in the obese group may explain this association.
Dr. Jason Wollmuth: Case Review of Complete Revascularization for a Patient in Cardiogenic Shock with Severe Multi-Vessel Disease
Dr. Jason Wollmuth presents a complex case of a patient in cardiogenic shock with severe multi-vessel disease. He feels that placing the Impella® heart pump made the procedure safer, and led to a more complete revascularization. Dr. Wollmuth also used a heart team decision-making approach. The patient is now walking up to a mile a … Continue reading “Dr. Jason Wollmuth: Case Review of Complete Revascularization for a Patient in Cardiogenic Shock with Severe Multi-Vessel Disease”
Dr. Siby Ayalloore presents a compelling case of decision-making for a very functional 90 year old patient with left main disease including mid-LAD disease and proximal circ disease. As a heart failure physician, he collaborated with surgeons and interventionalists. This heart team approach led to the decision to perform a successful high-risk PCI. Tweet this, … Continue reading “Difficult Decisions: Case Review with Dr. Siby Ayalloore, of Cardiovascular Institute of the South”