Changing the Purge Fluid Bag
Quick Skills Video for Using the Automated Impella Controller
This quick skills video demonstrates the procedure for changing the purge fluid bag using the Automated Impella Controller (AIC). See how to interact with the AIC as well as how to perform the steps of changing the purge fluid bag. The procedure should be completed within 90 seconds.
This video covers:
- How to select the Change Purge Fluid Bag procedure on the AIC
- What supplies are needed to complete the procedure (D5W dextrose bag with heparin)
- How to replace the purge fluid bag
- How to enter the purge fluid information (purge fluid volume, dextrose concentration, and heparin concentration)
- How to either flush the purge fluid from the cassette or avoid priming the tubing
Note: This video does not replace the Instructions for Use manual.
- De-airing the Impella Purge System
- Changing the Purge Cassette and Fluid Bag
- Transferring to the Standard Configuration
To learn more about the Impella® platform of heart pumps, including important risk and safety information associated with the use of the devices, please visit: abiomed.com/important-safety-information