De-airing the Impella Purge System
Quick Skills Video for Using the Automated Impella Controller
This quick skills video demonstrates the procedure for de-airing the Impella® purge system using the Automated Impella Controller (AIC). See how to interact with the AIC as well as how to perform the steps of the de-air purge system procedure using the Impella catheter.
This video covers:
- How to select the De-air Purge System procedure on the AIC
- How to inspect the purge tubing and purge fluid bag before de-airing
- How to disconnect the yellow luer from the Impella catheter
- How the AIC automatically begins priming, or de-airing the tubing
- How to inspect the purge tubing after de-airing is complete
- How to reconnect the yellow luer on the purge tubing to the yellow luer on the Impella catheter
Note: This video does not replace the Instructions for Use manual.
- Changing the Purge Fluid Bag
- Changing the Purge Cassette and Fluid Bag
- Transferring to the Standard Configuration
To learn more about the Impella® platform of heart pumps, including important risk and safety information associated with the use of the devices, please visit: abiomed.com/important-safety-information