Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to the ProtectedPCI.com’s Frequently Asked Questions. Click on an category item below to find questions and answers on some commonly asked questions about the Impella device. Watch the videos for a quick summary, or click the links to take a deeper dive into the material.
Randomized Control Trials
- Is there randomized controlled trial data available for Impella® heart pump use in Cardiogenic Shock?
- What is NCSI?
- What is the STEMI-DTU trial?
- How is hemolysis measured?
- How is Impella designed to minimize hemolysis?
- What factors most likely cause hemolysis with Impella in the clinical setting?
- How does the rate of hemolysis with Impella devices compare to other heart pumps in pre-clinical/bench testing?
- How does the rate of hemolysis with Impella devices compare to other heart pumps in clinical setting?
- What are the clinical implications of hemolysis related to Impella?