Updates from the Cardiogenic Shock Working Group
Dr. Navin Kapur of Tufts Medical Center and Dr. Mark Anderson of Hackensack University Medical Group join Dr. Seth Bilazarian to discuss cardiogenic shock treatment strategies with the goal of improving outcomes. These leading experts in heart failure discuss the Cardiogenic Shock Working Group, which brings together a multidisciplinary team of interventional cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, heart failure specialists, and intensivists to determine algorithms to manage patients in cardiogenic shock.
The goals of the Cardiogenic Shock Working Group are to
- Increase understanding of hemodynamics
- Increase awareness of optimal management of shock
- Decrease variability in the treatment of shock
The Working Group created the “Shock 1000 Working Group Project,” a novel data collection project with the goal of including 1,000 patients at different sites treated with Impella or VA-ECMO in cardiogenic shock to retrospectively compare hemodynamic data on all patients.
Learn more from Dr. Anderson and Dr. Kapur.
- National Cardiogenic Shock Initiative: Published Results from CCI
- Escalation of Support and Algorithms for Cardiogenic Shock
- Dr. O’Neill’s Presentation from TCT 2017
To learn more about the Impella® platform of heart pumps, including important risk and safety information associated with the use of the devices, please visit: www.protectedpci.com/indications-use-safety-information/