AHA Expert Advice: Coding for Impella and Heart Assist Devices
VIEW WEBINAR VIDEO HERE
Selecting the link above will direct you out of the Protected PCI Community to the Cardiovascular Business website where you will be able to view the webinar.
Ms. Leon-Chisen addresses the FY2018 changes for heart assist systems and Impella devices. Learn from her deep insight into coding for cardiac devices and the key changes hospitals need to be aware of as well as the most effective ways to get your top coding questions answered.
- How to navigate and improve technical coding skills
- Gain tips to code more accurately to ensure full payment
- Learn about practical examples of frequently asked questions from the American Hospital Association Central Office clearinghouse service
- Benefit from real-life applications of classification rules and guidelines
- Seek answers to questions regarding insertions and removals at different facilities and appropriate approach values
- How to make sense of the new qualifier created for intraoperative use
- Gain insight into the importance of coding changes in short-term use of external heart assist systems
General Indication and Safety Information
To learn more about the Impella platform of heart pumps, including important risk and safety information associated with the use of the devices, please visit: www.protectedpci.com/indications-use-safety-information/