Transferring to a Backup AIC
Quick Skills Video for Using the Automated Impella Controller
This quick skills video demonstrates the procedure for transferring Impella® support from one Automated Impella Controller (AIC) to another AIC. See how to interact with the AIC as well as how to transfer the Impella catheter.
This video covers:
- How to confirm that the new AIC is ready
- How to release the pressure in the purge pressure transmitter when performing the transfer
- How to transfer the purge cassette and purge solution from the original AIC to the new AIC
- How to transfer the white connector cable and connect it to the new AIC
- How to restart the Impella catheter at the previously set P-level
Note: This video does not replace the Instructions for Use.
- Changing the Purge Fluid Bag
- Changing the Purge Cassette and Fluid Bag
- De-airing the Impella Purge System
To learn more about the Impella® platform of heart pumps, including important risk and safety information associated with the use of the devices, please visit: abiomed.com/important-safety-information