Transferring to the Standard Configuration
Quick Skills Video for Using the Automated Impella Controller
This quick skills video demonstrates the procedure for transferring from the initial set-up configuration of the Impella 2.5® or Impella CP® to the standard configuration using the Automated Impella Controller (AIC). Abiomed recommends transferring to the standard configuration as soon as practical. A white advisory alarm appears after 2 hours instructing operators to transfer from the initial set-up configuration to the standard configuration. Note that the system will switch to P-level mode when this is done.
This video covers:
- How to select the Transfer to Standard Configuration procedure on the AIC
- What supplies are needed to complete the procedure (normal saline bag, pressure bag, straight IV tubing)
- How to set up and connect the saline bag
- How to remove the Y-connector and reconnect the yellow luer to the Impella® catheter
Note: This video does not replace the Instructions for Use manual.
- De-airing the Impella Purge System
- Changing the Purge Fluid Bag
- Changing the Purge Cassette and Fluid Bag
To learn more about the Impella® platform of heart pumps, including important risk and safety information associated with the use of the devices, please visit: abiomed.com/important-safety-information